About the Dash!
The Dash! provides an inspirational athletics event for our primary school children within a unique County Durham setting, and at the same time promotes sport and physical activity as a positive lifestyle choice for children and their families.
Inspiring the next generation through sport
At a time when we use the Olympics and our Olympians as leading role models it is important that we provide and maintain an aspirational platform for individuals to show their talents as well as promote the role that schools and the School Sport Partnership play inspiring our next generation of leaders and citizens through School Sport and PE. Dash! Aims:
- Showcase School Athletics with the creation of “Blue Ribbon” events
- Create a positive Sporting environment
- Provide a positive school and community club link for sport and physical activity
- Provide children and schools with an athletic development pathway; “Talent is nothing without opportunity”
- Raising profile of School Sport Partnership and Primary School Sport
- Securing a sustainable School Sport Partnership with a marketable event
- Promote to Children and their families Healthy Lifestyles choices through national initiatives i.e. Change 4 Life “eat well, move more and live longer”
- Create an Olympic Legacy event for our school children
The Dash Series is delivered and co-promoted by the Durham & Chester Le Street School Sport Partnership (DCSSP), Sedgefield School Sport Partnership CIC (SSSP) and MAB Event Management (Contact: Mark Blackbourne – 07710 083 221).